Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Enjoying my WoW Rogue

Sometime back I made a post about a Blood Elf Rogue that I'm working on. The point of that post was that I'm using Joana's Guide for the leveling and Valkor's guide for the cash.

So here's an update. I'm currently at level 65 and have 380 gold on the character and about 1100 on the auction house mule. I'd show you a link to the Armory stats, but that site isn't working right now. (But here's a cool character creator sandbox I found.)

/played shows 13 days, 14 hours, 40 min, 6 sec. All solo. Not too horrible, especially since I'm one of those players who likes to explore a bit. I've spent a fair amount of time sneaking through instances and looking over the next hill. Yeah, I'm a newb, get over it. ;) I haven't done any PvP, out side of mutual ganking, and no raids or group instances, so I don't have the hot gear.

Still, for this being my first character past level 8 I'm quite happy with the pace and have enough cash that I can get whatever I need.

Joana's 1-70 Horde Leveling Guide has made the whole trip to 65 (so far) easy. Someone who wasn't totally new to the game and who just blasts through the guide, without all the side excursions, should be able to get close to Joana's record leveling times. Want to break those records? I think you'd better have a pretty polished game.

As you may know, every quest in Joana's Guide has a link to one of the WoW databases (eg: Thottbot) and everything has a video. In fact, you can watch his entire speed run on video. I've found a couple of those videos quites useful and have used the links more than once.

With the Valkor's guide tips I have my epic chicken mount and have bought plenty of gear, some of which has been replaced with Outlands gear. I expect to be able to buy my epic flying mount at 70 without too much work.

Of course, the dedicated gold grinders will have a lot more gold and the people who know the game well, and are more focused, will level faster with the guide than I will.

For the person who's doing the game solo, or mostly solo, then I strongly recommend Joana's Guide (for the Horde.) Valkor's Gold Guide has lots of tips which I've found to be quite useful, even for low level chars, so check it out.

No comments: